Everything we do at NHC is about preparing you for your next steps. You might be at NHC already, or another college, and looking to progress from your level 3 qualification to higher levels. Or maybe you want to go to university to do a degree but don’t feel quite ready and so studying with us will help prepare you for degree level study. Or perhaps you are in work and want to upskill or change your career.
Whatever your circumstances, we hope that you will find that our HE courses will fit with your needs.
Here’s some reasons to study at NHC:
- 95% of our students who graduate from one of our HE courses progress to employment or further study – 3.6% above the national average.
- Our courses are designed in consultation with employers and we offer industry-standard facilities
- You will save money compared to traditional universities and studying locally means you will save on accommodation and other living expenses
- We offer adapted, flexible timetables which allow you to work part-time and fit your studies around your other commitments
Our offer includes:
- BSC Extended Degree in Science – You do the first initial year of your three-year degree at NHC and complete the remaining years at the University of Hertfordshire. This course offers more than 30 routes to full Honours degrees ranging from maths, physics and chemistry to biomedical science, pharmacy, physiotherapy and radiography.
- Higher National Certificate/Higher National Diploma in Sport Science – A two-year course that will enable you to start a career in the sport and science industry or to progress on to completing a full bachelor’s degree at a university of your choice
- Foundation Degrees in Computing Technologies – This is a two-year higher education qualification, made with employers and for employers. The course has a strong focus on work-based learning and you can specialise in either Software Development or Networks and Cybersecurity. On completion, you can either start a career in a computing-related field or you can top up to a BSc at the University of Hertfordshire
- Full Honours Degree in Business Administration – A three year blended course which combines online learning with face-to-face classroom sessions, delivered in partnership with the University of Hertfordshire
HOW TO APPLY
You’ll need to apply through the UCAS website using the course codes which you can find in the course description.
ACCESS TO HE COURSES
If you are 19+ and want to progress to HE but don’t have the traditional qualifications to get there such as A-levels, we have a range of access to higher education courses which are intensive one-year courses. We also offer a Pre-Access course which will give you the skills to then progress to an Access course.
HIGHER EDUCATION POLICY
You can view our Higher Education policies here
For more information on higher education courses please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, UCAS have an advisor widget that you can access here.