We work with many schools in North Hertfordshire to raise awareness of the exciting and diverse options available to young people if they choose to study at NHC.
We collaborate with secondary schools on a variety of events throughout the academic year to share information about our full-time vocational courses, our higher education offer, our apprenticeships and college life. We visit schools and also host events at our campuses.
Activity in schools include:
- Attending school careers fairs
- Presenting at school assemblies
- Attending parents’ evenings
- Bespoke school talks and demonstrations
- Attending GCSE results day
Most of our activity is focused on years 9, 10 and 11. We also host events for schools so teachers and students can get a taste of college life, learn more about our courses, and familiarise themselves with our campuses.
- Routes into STEM. This annual event is hosted in partnership with the Engineering Development Trust and is an opportunity for NHC to showcase its science and technology facilities. STEM-focused businesses also take part, such as Vauxhall and Leonardo.
- Enterprise and innovation days. We organise events throughout the year to bring to life our exciting provision and engage potential students in subjects such as forensics and business. Read about our NHCSI day here.
- Campus tours. If you work at a local school and have never visited NHC, we are always happy to organise campus tours. For example, we organised a recent tour for careers advisers which was well-received.
If you would like NHC to participate in one of your school events, attend one of our regular events or discuss arranging a bespoke event, get in touch with our Community Engagement Manager Heather Almond.